Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Remember the dream, don't stop believing

We had a nice lunch today to say goodbye to Kelly, the best dog sitter in
the universe. Bob told me a great story about when he went to New York and
attended the David Letterman. It wasn't even the show that was the
highlight, it was the flaming hoops he had to jump through to become a
member of the audience. It was an all day affair, with what sounded like 10
screening line ups where he and Lisa were very slowly accepted as DL
audience material.

Hearing Bob talk about the audience reminded me of the dream I've had since
I was old enough to watch TV shows with laugh tracks or an audience; think
Three's Company, One Day at Time, The Jeffersons, etc. I've gone completely
off track of my goal. I need to do something quick before I fall into the
cavernous hole of the midlife crisis! Oh ya, the goal. The goal is to get
discovered as the greatest laugher of all time and make millions sitting in
audiences laughing all day and all night encouraging others to laugh. Is
that not the perfect job or what? What am I doing? I need to book a ticket
to New York pronto and explore this. Anyone want to join me?

No comments: