Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The Sunshine Isle



Click on the photo to see the slideshow.

I love St. Lucia. What's not to love about the Sunshine Isle? It's the best place to do nothing, explore, meet locals, meet tourists, eat fresh fish and tandoori, scuba dive, take a catamaran and see dolphins and sperm whales, drink Piton, and lie on the beach and swim in the sea.

Kevin and I spent two weeks there at the end of May to celebrate Kevin's 40th birthday and our 4th anniversary. If you haven't heard the surprise part of the story, check my last blog post, as they say.


We had a great holiday, the best ever, if I do say so myself! We did so much and so little at the same time. The highlight was the Rainforest Cable Ride. We were high from the exhiliration of it all for hours afterwards. Amazing! I was also mesmerized by the abundant food-bearing trees everywhere, especially in my Dad's backyard. He had an avocado, an almond, a couple of coconut and two mango trees.

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. I'm planning on adding captions to the Photo Album over the next couple of weeks so check back every once in a while to catch up. Also they seem to have uploaded in no particular order so I'll do my best to reorganize them when I add the captions.


Happy Photo Gawking!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the pictures. Some places I recognize from our visit to the island several years ago. It is a gorgeous spot and very relaxing. Looks like Sarah and Kevin had a great time. Jim looks good in the pictures. It must be the lifestile down there. I am sure Ryan and Corryn will enjoy their honeymoon there also. Uncle JD & Kathryn

Anonymous said...

Still waiting for captions