Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Ostrich jockey?

See more photos.
First Halloween in our new neighbourhood and it was great. Lots of kids, all dressed up. Most of them loved the chicken/turkey/ostrich I was riding. They were hilarious! If they weren't scared by the singing skeleton outside the door then the gigantic chicken got them.
Some of the things I heard:
"Those aren't your real legs . Your legs are those ones (pointing at the wrinkled ostrich legs)!"
"I was going to get that costume."
"Why are you riding a turkey?"
"What are you supposed to be and why are you riding that chicken?"
"Can I have a candy for my cousin? She's too scared of that thing (the skeleton) so she won't come down the stairs. But she really wants a candy."
"Are those your real legs?"
"This is where Sam and Jillian used to live, can I come in?" She was already standing in the middle of the front hall.
"I don't know which candy to take. I can't decide."
"Can I have two candies?"
We had enough candy to supply an entire elementary school. I took the leftovers to work. It'll be gone tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great costume!